4th annual TVBAwards honours Naomi Climer, tech innovation
The awards were held at London's Millennium Mayfair hotel in conjunction with the MediaTech360 summit
Held in conjunction with NewBay's MediaTech 360 summit, the TVBAwards were held in the presence of the great and good from around the broadcast industry last night. The progamme of awards was shorter than in previous years, with six awards were presented, including the coveted Lifetime Achievement award.
The fourth annual ceremony celebrated the various success stories in our industry, as we recognise and reward those pushing the boundaries in the production, management, and delivery of today’s media content.
Naomi Climer, former president of the Institute of Engineering and Technology, received the marquee Lifetime Achievement honour, becoming the first woman to receive the award. (read out interview with Climer here)
“I’m really thrilled to receive this award.” Climer said. “It’s such an honour. It was really wonderful to recall the highlights of my career, and it’s been great to see so many familiar faces.”
Dejero and Pilgrim Media Group were presented with the Achievement in Live Production award for their work The Runner, while Technicolor won the award for Achievement in Post Production for the part it played in the delivery of Victoria.
ATP Media was presented with the Overall Broadcast Production award for its ATP World Tour, with Open Broadcast Systems winning the Rising Star Award.
Last but not least, Timeline Television took the Innovation and R&D Award for Outstanding Technical Achievement for its multi-million pound IP 4K, with simultaneous HDR, outside broadcast vehicle.
Here is the full list of TVBAwards 2017 nominees and winners:
Achievement in Live Production
- Cinevideo and Sky Italia: simulcast UHD and HD production using I-MOVIX UHD INFINITE for the Serie A football game between Juventus and AC Milan
- Dejero and Pilgrim Media Group: The Runner (WINNER)
- FOX Sports and Avid: Super Bowl LI
- LiveU and ITN: 18-location live advert for Virgin Holidays
- Mobile Viewpoint and VRT: live broadcast of the ‘Voor de Ronde’, the pre-tour event for the Tour of Flanders
Achievement in Post Production
- Avid: Ha-Mitchem installation
- dock10 post production: The Fighter
- dock10 post production: The Worst Witch
- Technicolor: Victoria (WINNER)
Overall Broadcast Production Award
- ATP Media: ATP World Tour (WINNER)
- Dejero and Pilgrim Media Group: The Runner – Insight TV and Extreme Video: Masters of the Dirt
- Riedel Communications: MediorNet decentralised and redundant signal routing for Spain’s Gran Hermano VIP (Big Brother VIP)
- Shine TV and Canon: The Hunted
Innovation and R&D Award for Outstanding Technical Achievement
- Harmonic: EyeQ real-time video compression solution
- Massive Interactive: Massive Axis
- Ross Video: ACID camera range
- Sky Vehicle Technology
- SoftAtHome: Video 360
- Timeline Television’s IP 4K, with simultaneous HDR, outside broadcast vehicle (WINNER)
Rising Star Award
- Massimo Bertolotti, Head of Innovation of Sky Italia
- Open Broadcast Systems (WINNER)
- TV Player
- V-Nova Ltd
- x.news Information Technology
- Naomi Climer (WINNER)