Switzerland's first full 4K OB vehicle
The new van by Broadcast Solutions is ready in time for 4K coverage of the Swiss Football Super League
NEP Switzerland has deployed their first full 4K OB van in time for the football season and production of the Swiss Super League.
The new production vehicle is a Streamline S 12 4K developed and delivered by Broadcast Solutions GmbH and is the first 4K OB van in Switzerland. The Streamline S12 4K offers a full 4K version of Broadcast Solutions' pre-engineered OB vans. The OB for NEP Switzerland offers more space due to a new room concept for the production area, works with up to 12 cameras in UHD and can be manned with up to 20 operators.
Streamline OB vans are a family of pre-engineered OB Vans that come in five different versions, all available in 4K. Although the Streamline OBs are virtually “off-the-shelf” vehicles that offer significant price advantages and short delivery times, they are equipped with the high-end technology and aim to maximise workspace design and flexibility.
The Streamline S 12 4K is named Ultra HD-41 and will cover the Swiss Football Raiffeisen Super League in 4K starting in July 2016. For the customer NEP Switzerland, the short delivery time and flexibility in terms of workplaces, audio equipment and overall design were essential.
Trond Hermansen, CTO NEP Switzerland said: “Time was an important factor, since from the assignment to produce the Swiss Football Super League to the first productions we only had less than six month time for developing and testing the OB Van.
“I think the Streamline S12 4K is very flexible – in a lot of ways – which I like very much," continued Hermansen. "It is an open solution and we can easily adapt different setups and change positions within the OB. The sophisticated KVM System makes it easy to change the working positions. This all leads to fast setup times, which is an important factor for the company.
"Another area that pays off is the van's powerful audio section, with its big Lawo mainframe and console, which puts us in the position to cover sports and entertainment events with a high-professional outcome.”
“The Streamline S12 4K is the next logical step for our Streamline OB van family," commented Rainer Kampe, CTO of Broadcast Solutions. "We can build and deliver the 4K versions within the same short time frame and with the same cost-advantages. Moreover, using the new room layout there is more space in the Production Area, offering enough space for 20 people in total to work in the OB with ease. The focus on a sophisticated audio section, KVM and control solution makes the OB very flexible in terms of its use. The ingenious audio-video core processing system opens up possibilities to scale for future IP-workflows”.
Specifications of NEP Switzerland Streamline S 12 4K:
- Dimensions (l/w/h): 14m (without tractor unit) / 2.55m (stowed) / 3.75m (expanded) / 3.9m
- Weight: 18t
- Cameras: 10x Panasonic AK-UC 3000
- Super SloMo / Mini Cameras – on request
- Video Switcher: Grass Valley Karrera 8 M/E with Standard K-Frame and 3 M/E panel 96HD, HD 3G, 24 UHD in x 48 HD 3 G out = 12 UHD out
- Video Router: Imagine Communications Platinum 256x328
- Monitors: 6x 64in NEC, 12x 23in NEC, UHD Monitor Sony (Production) / 3x 17in Sony, 1x 21in BON, 4x 23in NEC (Camera Shading)
- Servers: 4x EVS XT4K, 2x EVS Epsio Paint, 1x EVS XFile3
- Control Systems: VSM
- Tally System: included in VSM
- Modular: Imagine Selenio, Axon
- Processing System: Riedel MicroN
- Multiviewer: Imagine Communications Platinum SX Pro 144x21 Heads
- Audio Mixer: Lawo mc256 with 48 faders
- Audio Matrix: Lawo Nova 73 compact 5120x5120
- Intercom Matrix: Riedel, Artist 128 / Riedel MediorNet Stagebox System
- Wireless Talkback: Riedel Riface / Motorola