Nice one, Glidecam: The new Centurion gimbal
The new gimbal from Glidecam maintains horizontal accuracy on all three axis within .02 degrees
Glidecam has announced a new compact three-axis motorised gimbal, the Centurion.
The Glidecam Centurion is designed to work with video cameras, DSLR's and mirrorless cameras weighing from one to five pounds (.45 to 2.26 kg.) Made with aluminium and carbon fibre composites, Glidecam Centurion offers flexible handle-grip positions and can be set up in single-grip, or dual-grip handle bar modes.
The Centurion features a computer controlled, direct-drive, brushless motor to stabilise the camera via all three rotational axes of movement. The company claims that the Centurion maintains horizontal accuracy on all three axis within .02 degrees. Each brushless motor has an electric slip ring to prevent wire tangling.
The Glidecam Centurion's motors work with position feedback, encoders, and the IMU sensor (Inertial Measurement Unit) to communicate with a custom 32-bit controller.
A joystick on top of Centurion's handle manually controls the pitch and yaw axis by toggling forward, backwards, left and right. The joystick moves exponentially faster as it is pushed further from its centre position. The speed function can be inverted or customesed in the product's software.
The Glidecam Centurion software allows users to save and make adjustments to the gimbal. Included with the Centurion is a USB stick with software and drivers.
- Load weight: 1-5 lbs. (.45 to 2.26 kg.)
- Angular vibration range: ±0.02°
- Rotation range: Pan axis control: 360°/s, tilt axis control: 360°/s, roll axis control: 360°/s
- Motor type: three x brushless with AS5600 (I2C) encoders
- Processing: 32-bit processor
- System requirements: Windows: (32- or 64-bit): 8, 7, XP SP3 / Mac OS X: 10.9 or above
- Control modes: Profile 1: Follow Mode, Profile 2: Lock Pitch/Follow Yaw, Profile 3: Lock Mode, Profile 4: customisable, Profile 5: Calibrate ACC, Additional profile: Inverted mode, briefcase, return home, RC
- Supported camera dimensions: Maximum depth at center of mass on camera base plate: 7in, Maximum height measured from top of camera base plate: 6in, Maximum width: 7+in – available room for LCD to extend off the side
- Power requirements: 4x Glidecam batteries (26350mah 3.7v)
- Operating Temperature: 15 to 105°F •Double Grip Dimensions(WxDxH): 18x12x12in
- Weight: Single Grip 3.4lbs (with batteries)
- Weight: Double Grip 4.5lbs (with batteries)
- List Price: $1799.00