New OB van for Polish football
The new OB van for Ekstraklasa Live Park was turned around by Broadcast Solutions in only three months
Polish broadcaster Ekstraklasa Live Park has taken on a new OB van the Streamline S12, delivered by German systems integrator Broadcast Solutions GmbH. Delivered in the first quarter of this year, the 12 camera OB van was is active in coverage of Polish football league Ekstraklasa.
The Streamline S12 is the first OB Van owned by the Ekstraklasa Live Park directly. Having previously rented production vehicles, Live Park decided it was time to run its own OB van. Ekstraklasa's requirements were compact design, short delivery time and reasonable costs. In cooperation with NEP Sweden (formerly Mediatec) Broadcast Solutions built and delivered this OB Van to within three months, from order to delivery.
The OB van is designed with flexibility in mind and features components from Lawo and Riedel. The van also offers a full network-based embedding/de-embedding/frame-synchronisation system.
The new arrival is currently dedicated to Ekstraklasa's football coverage and will be used in more than 100 football game productions per year. The company will also deploy it for galas, concerts and further sports and special events.
“We were looking for an experienced company which could guarantee top-level quality," said Marcin Serafin, COO of Ekstraklasa Live Park. "As Broadcast Solutions produced a lot of OB’s the last couple of years and the quality has been proven by other clients, we decided to collaborate with the company. Another very important aspect was the time of delivery. We only had three months for the complete project, and Broadcast Solutions did it just in time - without any delays!”
Specifications Ekstraklasa Live Park Streamline S12:
- Dimensions (l/w/h): 14m (with tractor unit) x 2m x 4m
- Weight: 18t
- Cameras: 11 x Grass Valley
- Two Grass Valley Hi Speed
- Two Goal Cams
- Video Switcher: Grass Valley Karrera K-Frame S, 64 inputs / 32 outputs
- Video Router: Imagine Platinum 128x256
- Monitors: Three x Sony (Vision Control), 6x NEC (Production)
- Servers: Two x EVS, XT-3, 12 channels each
- Control Systems: VSM
- Tally System: included in VSM
- Modular: Imagine X100, Riedel Micron, Axon
- Multiviewer: Imagine 128 PIPs
- Audio Mixer: Lawo, mc2 56 MKII with 48 faders
- Audio Matrix: Lawo Nova73 compact
- Intercom Matrix: Riedel, Artist 128 / Riedel MediorNet Stagebox System
- Wireless Talkback: Riedel Riface / Motorola
- Network Matrix: 4 HP Ethernet switches